Up and running! (sort of)
I have MarkUs up and running on my computer now! It is having troubles creating the repositories for assignments though – I edited the config/environment.rb file and it is still trying to look at the unix path instead of the new value I gave it. Restarting InstantRails didn’t help at all.
Looks like it’s time to get jEdit working then – thanks to http://www.tanguay.info/web2008/tutorial.php?idCode=rubyOnRails§ionIdCode=configureJEditForRuby I’ve got it configured for Ruby.
(Oh yeah, I was partially using these set up instructions and help from someone else from Severin: https://stanley.cdf.toronto.edu/drproject/csc49x/olm_rails/wiki/InstantRailsAndWindows)
Using jEdit is much nicer than Notepad2 – it actually has syntax highlighting for Ruby!
I’m having troubles with when it tries to set up the repositories for a new group because of the path. I’ve changed my REPOSITORY_STORAGE variable to a Windows path and I’ve restarted InstantRails. It works fine from irb, but when I run the application, it doesn’t work. It’s still trying to use the original unix variable. (By it works fine from irb, I mean that I can require ‘config/environment.rb’ and puts REPOSITORY_STORAGE and it gives me the correct value.) Hmph.
Also, I’ve noticed that if you try to navigate to an admin path while you’re logged in as a student, it simply gives you a 404 error. I’m not sure if this is expected functionality or not… It made me wonder if I had typed something incorrectly or if my servers were off.
Filed under: MarkUs | Leave a Comment
Tags: ide, problems, rails, setup